Things To Do
February 4-6 Italian Cuisine – Come enjoy the taste of Italy as you prepare classic dishes such as Osso Buco Milanese, Roasted Red Pepper Risotto, and Italian Espresso
February 4-6 Italian Cuisine – Come enjoy the taste of Italy as you prepare classic dishes such as Osso Buco Milanese, Roasted Red Pepper Risotto, and Italian Espresso Tiramisu. You’ll also learn traditional Italian sauces such as Fresh Basil Marinara & Roasted Garlic Alfredo, and how to make fresh pasta and potato gnocchi.
February 18-20: BBQ Camp – You’ll be the envy of your friends and family once you learn the secrets to preparing wonderful meals on the grill. Try your hand at Cedar Planked Wild King Salmon with Jerk Spice and Mango Salsa, St. Louis Style Baby Back Ribs with Cherry Coke Glaze, Smoked Beer-Can Chicken, Texas Brisket, and Fredericksburg Peach Cobbler with Home-made Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.
Typical Three Day Texas Hill Country Cooking Classes Schedule
- Arrival at the charming Blair House Inn by 3:00 pm.
- Your first demonstration will begin with our Executive Chef in our commercial kitchen at 4:00 pm.
- After dinner you participate in a short discussion with our Chef. This will include an itinerary and recipe assignments for the next two days.
- Chef will await you at 7:45 am and your first lab will begin by preparing breakfast.
- After enjoying your meal you will have a short break to explore the Hill Country and return to the kitchen by 10:00 am. At this time you will receive instructions and break off to prepare you assigned recipes for lunch.
- An afternoon break will be after lunch and at 3:00 pm you start to prepare your evening dinner.
- Once complete you will have a feast of the finest foods to enjoy and top the evening off.
- You will once again report to the kitchen at 8:00 am and begin breakfast preparation.
- A small break will be allowed and then you will enjoy preparing a picnic lunch to be taken on a Hill Country outing to a local Texas Vineyard or Farm.
- This will conclude your three day course at approximately 2:00 pm.
Schedule your classes today and share the joy of cooking with new friends in a relaxing atmosphere! Extend your stay to 3 nights and receive 10% off of the published rate of each room night. Class room size is limited to no more than eight, to insure individual attention. Food allergies should be mentioned at the time of booking to insure exceptions can be made. Below you will find our themed three day classes to choose from. If you would like to schedule a private group class please feel free to contact the inn directly for assistance.
(Tuesday) 7:45 am
Blair House Inn
Be sure to get your tickets right away as there are a limited number available and this event sells out every year! Winery pickup choices will be narrowed
Be sure to get your tickets right away as there are a limited number available and this event sells out every year! Winery pickup choices will be narrowed down upon delivery of the Tasting Passport books on Monday, January 22 (all wineries will still participate in the event). These will be the ONLY wineries available for pickup choice. Wineries will be removed from this list once they have sold out of the books available at their location.Your pickup winery CAN NOT be changed after Monday, January 22. Please note you can not pickup your Tasting Passport until the first day of the Event, February 8th.
Love is in the air, come indulge in a little wine and sweets. We invite you to spend a romantic getaway in the stunning Texas Hill Country, sipping and sampling wine at 45 unique Hill Country wineries! With a full 17 days to enjoy the Wine Lovers Celebration, you can celebrate Valentines Day anytime. Take time this February to relax with a loved one or friend, discovering Texas wine and enjoying all that the Texas Wine Country has to offer!
PLEASE BE AWARE OF WINERY BUSINESS HOURS WHEN CHOOSING YOUR PICKUP WINERY AND PLANNING YOUR WINERY VISITS.
1851 Vineyards – Thurs – Sun4.0 Cellars – 7 Days/Week
Armadillos Leap- 7 Days/Week
Becker Vineyards – 7 Days/Week
Bell Springs Winery – 7 Days/Week
Bending Branch Winery – Thurs – Sun
Bent Oak Winery – Thurs – Sun
Branch On High- Thurs – Sun
Chisholm Trail Winery- Thurs – Mon
Driftwood Estate – 7 Days/Week (Closed on Sunday, February 11th for Private Event)
Dry Comal Creek Vineyards – 7 Days/Week
Duchman Family Winery – 7 Days/Week
Fiesta Winery 290 – 7 Days/Week
Fiesta Winery Lometa – 7 Days/Week
Grape Creek Vineyards – Sun – Fri
Hawks Shadow- Saturday Only, By App
Hye Meadow Winery – Mon, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat, Sun & By Appt
Inwood Estate Winery & Bistro – Sun – Fri
Kerrville Hills Winery – Thurs-Mon
Kuhlman Cellars – Thurs – Mon (Reservation Required)
Lost Draw Cellars – Sun – Fri & Saturdays By Appt Only
Messina Hof Hill Country – 7 Days/Week
Old Man Scary Cellars- 6 Days/Week, Closed Tuesday
Pedernales Cellars – Sun – Fri
Perissos Vineyard and Winery- Fr i- Sun
Pontotoc Weingarten – Sunday Only
Pillar Bluff Vineyards – Fri – Sun
Ron Yates – 7 Days/Week
Singing Water Vineyards – Thurs – Mon
Sister Creek Vineyards – 7 Days/Week
Spicewood Vineyards – Wed-Sun
Stone House Vineyard – Mon, Thur-Sun or By Appt
Solaro Estate- 7 Days/Week
Texas Hills Vineyard – 7 Days/Week
Texas Legato – Thurs-Mon, or By App
Torr Na Lochs Vineyard & Winery – Thurs-Sun
Wedding Oak Winery at San Saba- 7 Days/Week
Westcave Cellars – Fri – Mon
William Chris Vineyards – By Appointment Only
Wimberley Valley Winery – Mon – Fri
Woodrose Winery- 7 Days/Week
Visit the WINERIES page of our website for details on each winery including hours.*All wineries require reservations for groups of 8 or more guests.The Wine Lovers Celebration is just that, all about the WINE. Your ticket, valid February 8-24, includes a full complimentary tasting (as determined by winery) at all 45 participating wineries with a limit of 4 wineries a day and a 15% discount on 3 bottle purchases at each winery. All of these benefits for a ticket price of $75/couple or $45/individual.The average tasting fee at the 45 participating wineries is $14/person…adding up to $56/person if visiting 4 wineries a day. And that’s just for ONE day! You have 17 days to visit 45 wineries. Your Wine Lovers Celebration ticket is already saving you money, not including the discounts on wine purchases!The limit to 4 winery tastings a day with your ticket is a way for THCW to promote responsible drinking during the events. We do hope you can take your time and enjoy each winery more this way, instead of rushing through tastings and getting to the next stop. This allows for a more intimate experience at each winery, enjoying the wines and the people.Each ticket will include a Wine Lovers Celebration Passport to be picked up at your first winery (selected at time of ticket purchase). Each winery you visit will stamp your passport on the day you visit the winery and taste. Each day you can taste and get stamped at four wineries total. Couples tickets will receive 1 booklet but both will get the tastings.You have 17 days to enjoy 45 wineries in the beautiful Texas Hill Country, tasting your favorite wines and getting exclusive discounts! This is too good of a deal to pass up, so make sure to get tickets for your entire family and all of your friends!
Your Ticket Includes:
• Full complimentary tasting at each winery with a limit of 4 wineries a day (one tasting for singles, two tastings for couples)
• A Tasting Passport that will be stamped at each winery you visit (you will NEED TO START at this winery and pickup your book for tastings)
• 15% discount on 3-bottle purchases from each winery (winery choice and/or discount may exclude reserves, ports and wines already discounted)Nothing says “Happy Valentines Day” like a handpicked wine for loved ones or yourself! So join us for just one or all 17 days to experience a relaxing and romantic getaway in the Texas Wine Country. There are a limited number of tickets available and each year is sold out weeks before the event. Don’t delay and miss out on all the joy that the Texas Hill Country Wineries have to offer this February!
Wine Lovers Celebration Terms And Disclosure:
• Not all THCW member wineries are participating in this event, only those listed on this page.
• Tickets are non-refundable and THCW cannot be responsible for lost or stolen tickets. Tickets cannot be exchanged for other event tickets or another weekend event. You can give them away or sell them.
• All prices are plus tax and subject to change.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult.
• Passports must be presented at winery to receive tastings and discount. You will not receive tastings at the wineries without your Tasting Passport.
• Valid ID required to taste or purchase wines.
• Winery events are separate from THCW trail, additional fees may apply, please check with individual wineries for fees.
• Pets are not allowed at some wineries, please check with each winery before bringing your pet.
• For groups larger than 8, MUST contact the wineries before your visit to let them know you are coming and when you will be arriving at least 24 hours in advance. Some wineries will NOT accept groups of more than 8 people.
• THCW Event tickets are meant for individual use, not for use in conjunction with a wine tour company who already has tasting prices set with individual Wineries for services rendered.
• Be safe. Please have a Designated Driver for your trail trips.
(Tuesday) 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Texas Hill Country
Future Event Times in this Repeating Event Series
february 20, 2019 9:00 amfebruary 21, 2019 9:00 amfebruary 22, 2019 9:00 amfebruary 23, 2019 9:00 amfebruary 24, 2019 9:00 am
Event Description:Featuring artwork from the museums permanent collection that has been selected and curated by Marcia Rae McCulley, MFA Professor of Visual Arts at Schreiner University
(Tuesday) 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Museum of Western Art
Hudson’s is hosting a new, tuition-free opportunity for persons with disabilities and local musicians. Beginning Feb 5th on each Tuesday at 11:00, Hudson’s will open their doors to the community
Hudson’s is hosting a new, tuition-free opportunity for persons with disabilities and local musicians. Beginning Feb 5th on each Tuesday at 11:00, Hudson’s will open their doors to the community for safe and inclusive music sharing between local musicians and persons with disabilities. The hour will be hosted by local musician Phil Montfort who has successfully led Austin’s own Eddie Ray band, who include 5 people with intellectual disabilities. Tenacious Tuesdays participants will:
Learn 4 songs per month chosen by the participants of the group. Persons with disabilities will be featured in all 5 songs including singing, playing percussion, or other instruments of their choice.
One time a month we will bring in a guest musician to perform for the group and play along with the 4 songs the group is working on and the original song.
One time a month the group will work on writing their own songs.
This is all followed by a performance at the end of each month. Tenacious Tuesday will be featured at Hudson’s Student Night performing one of the 4 songs learned during the month or the song the group wrote.
Tenacious Tuesday Schedule
2/5 – 15 min of songwriting. Begin to learn 4 songs identified for the group.
2/12 – 15 min of song writing. Continue to work on the four songs.
2/19 – Guest musician performs for 15 minutes and plays and sings with the group on the four songs and original song (get a suggestion of four more songs from the group)
2/24 – Student Performance Night
2/26 – 15 min of song writing. Move to 4 new songs.
Tenacious Tuesday supports community inclusion, socialization, music, creativity, development of friends and social opportunities.
No tuition or registration required! All welcome! Come join the fun!
(Tuesday) 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Hudson's on Mercer
SING 3 SONGS OF YOUR CHOICE, ORIGINAL OR COVERS, AND SHOW EVERYONE WHAT YOU'RE MADE OF. THE BEST WAY TO GET YOUR MATERIAL OUT THERE TO THE COMMUNITY.
SING 3 SONGS OF YOUR CHOICE, ORIGINAL OR COVERS, AND SHOW EVERYONE WHAT YOU’RE MADE OF. THE BEST WAY TO GET YOUR MATERIAL OUT THERE TO THE COMMUNITY.
(Tuesday) 8:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Hudson's on Mercer