Want to escape to a relaxing place that you’ll always remember? Then take a trip out to one of the finest dude ranches in Bandera, Texas: The Silver Spur Guest ranch. This historic ranch is the perfect place to trade your tie for a red bandana, your skirt for blue jeans, and your worries for the peace of a western sunset. Relax, have fun, make memories, and enjoy your surroundings.
Located in the Texas Hill Country, just an hour from the San Antonio Airport!
The Silver Spur Ranch is surrounded by serene Hill Country vistas and immerses you in nature’s beauty, fresh, clean air, and spectacular sunsets; you will find this the perfect atmosphere to relax and rejuvenate while enjoying a rustic Texas ranch experience.
The ranch is a truly unique 300-acre sanctuary, surrounded by an abundant variety of natural Texas landscapes and wildlife. Guests love our variety of animals, including horses, longhorns, miniature donkeys, pygmy goats, geese and chickens. You may even encounter a few wild critters too – from birds and deer, to armadillos, porcupines, and jack rabbits.
There are miles of trails on the ranch with scenic and panoramic views atop plush hillsides and all around the ranch. Your senses take in the surprises and pleasures of nature while enjoying the experience a guided horseback ride or hiking one of the many marked trails.
The ranch has a great neighbor, the Hill Country State Natural Area, which has over 5,600 acres our guests can use for extended horseback rides, fishing, camping and wildlife watching.
- The Silver Spur Guest Ranch includes a large 3-story main lodge: guest rooms, a large gathering area with a big, beautiful stone fireplace, pool table, dining room, hospitality room, and gift shop; wood and stone cabins; horse corrals and an arena; outdoor eating areas; tranquil Wagon Wheel garden full of flowers, herbs, and vegetables; large campfire area; volleyball and horseshoe pits; a playground; and many easily accessible horseback and hiking trails around the entire 300 acre property. The covered porch extending the entire length of the lodge is a great place to gather, visit and watch beautiful Texas sunsets.
- The Round-Up Room is a gathering space for meetings, workshops, classes and special events including a deck large enough for outdoor classes and meals.
- The Healing Studio: our wellness building offering our guests a variety of wellness therapies, herbal remedies, organic skin care, aromatherapy, mind/body wellness books and more.
- We have the largest swimming pool in the area, (Junior Olympic size with 250,000 gallons), with spacious pool decking, and a large cabana.
- The Silver Spur has comfortable guest accommodations. The rooms and cabins are beautifully decorated and furnished to make you feel right at home.
- We serve delicious, hearty meals, unlimited snacks and beverages and can accommodate most dietary needs.
- The horseback trail rides are scenic with panoramic hills, meadows and areas covered with trees. We have friendly horses and the most experienced wranglers in the Hill Country, so even beginners as well as experienced riders are in good hands to enjoy the breathtaking trail rides.
Our guest rooms and cabins are named after some of our most famous or notorious western legends.
Rooms in our 3-story lodge are listed below.
Our cabins can sleep from five up to twelve guests and are perfect for families and groups.
Cabins are just a short walk from the Main Lodge.
Your all-inclusive stay here includes delicious homemade ranch-style meals that both kids and adults enjoy. Guests will find cold ice tea, lemonade, coffee as wells as baked goodies and snacks all day long!
- The large dining area is located in our main Lodge with cedar-lined walls and authentic western décor offer a unique and welcoming dining experience. Everyone knows nothing is small in Texas and that includes our Dining Room
- Cowboy Breakfast area is where breakfast is cooked over a wood fire in large cast iron skillets. Guest travel by horseback or hayride to and from the lodge
- BBQ on our Wagon Wheel Garden to the east of the lodge.
- Campfire area for groups under our large oak trees.
Our hearty western home cooked meals are served three times a day. Each meal is prepared from scratch by our staff and include fresh salads, fruit, homemade breads, pastries and desserts. We are more than happy to accommodate special dietary needs if we can, just let us know in advance of your visit.
Menu options are available for special events. Your Event coordinator will work with our staff for menu options and planning.
- Main Lodge
- Swimming Pool
- The Round-Up Room
- The Healing Studio